Friday, May 16, 2008

Social Networks

The last official blog, though now I know how to do it...............the skys the limit.

My techno teenagers are into to Myspace/Facebook and a weird social networking site for people interested in alians. Its the new way people are connecting, sharing and keeping in touch with stuff going on around the world.

I loved what Rotorua have done (not only because I'm a kiwi) but because its great. The slideshow, interaction, blogs etc are awesome and seem to target a young audience. Their patrons can gather around a common content to quote Seb Chan and build a strong community. Rotorua has a large Maori population who value community. I think the library haved tapped into that value and built one of their own by inviting comments, participation etc.

I hope libraries in the future can utilise social networking to share expertise, listen to their audience/patrons and promote their collections/events.

I've enjoyed the 2.0 journey. Thank you so much!!!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Dear Kiwi Mickeymouse

Excellent! You've finished and you're still keen to try more! I'm glad it was an enjoyable experience for you.

Victoria

P.S Love your calendar boys too :-)