Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tokoroa Library


Tokoroa Library
Originally uploaded by Essjay in NZ
Well, well, well. I am really enjoying this weeks training. So many amazing photos on Flickr.

This is what I came up with. The very first library I worked in. The year was 1979. The country New Zealand. The town, Tokoroa. This little hick town is about 1 hour north of lake Taupo in the middle of the North Island. Its had a bit of a face lift since I worked there, but the same building none the less.

I loved the idea of compititions for different age groups. Maybe because I am slightly competitive myself.

Mosman was really using flickr to full advantage. Promoting what they do, visitors etc. What a good idea.!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for sharing the picture. It's fun when you find something of personal significance! And a great example of web 2.0 technologies working to make connections...
Hope you continue to enjoy the program.
Kathleen A