Sunday, March 16, 2008

Wiki Week

Hi to all my blog friends. Feeling very happy its only Monday and I have already contributed to Wiki. Well, I knew about Wiki but wouldn't have had the confidence to contribute before but NOW theres no holding me back.

Who would have thought up Wookieepedia for a name. There are several Star Wars fanatics in my home who will be very interested in all Wookieepedia has to offer. Interesting facts, articles by like minded people, an archive section. I'm sure they would enjoy contributing too.

I loved Book Lovers and got quite carried away reading the reviews and making notes of books to read in the future. Members from the Summer Reading Club contributed book reviews. It looks like these people a members of the Princeton Public Library. Great way to encourage reading and sharing.

The Mint Museum uses Wikipedia showcase their displays, advise on visiting times, upcoming events etc. I wouldn't have thought Wikipedia would be a place you would go to to find out that information.

I can see that Wikipedia is a great place for libraries to share ideas. Theres nothing new under the sun so if childrens librarians, local history and other departments can share it will enhance their service to the public. The idea of using Wikipedia as an intranet holding procedure manuals, staff information is a good idea. We use it in our library and it is very effective.

No comments: