Sunday, April 13, 2008

Slamming

It was a big mistake for the State Library to put Taste Website as one of first links. I love recipe books, cooking, experimenting with food etc. (that doesn't mean I'm any good at it) Have already treated the family to Carrot soup and a yummy cheesecake brownie. The soup had a 5 star rating and we know why and the brownie a four star rating. I'm hooked on the that website and have tagged it!!!!!.

Slamming the boards. What a great idea. I had a look at some the exemplary answers and was as impressed at everybody else. My world is growing bigger with all this information (recipe) sharing. In times past we were stuck in our little libraries struggling on by ourselves now with the internet we're connected in way we never have been before. Its all very amazing. We truly live in the information age.

Our local council/library website has the "ask a librarian" but no answerboard, comments, rating space. I can see it would be beneficial. We would get feedback on the effectiveness of our collection, service. It would be good to get constructive comments which could be used by staff when requesting extra services and funding from the people with the money.

To go back a week, I've looked at Librarything and really want to spend a bit of time there. Have to discover how people are getting their books, covers on their blogs (down those side bits). I did also have a brief look at Technorati. Not sure about getting my blog tracked!!!.

Thanks to all the staff who have organised training. I would rate it 5 star!!!!!!!!! You are all amazing.

No comments: